- 1 boneless beef chuck shoulder, arm or blade pot roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky green salsa
- 12 to 16 mini sandwich rolls (2 to 3 inches long), split
- 8 slices pepper Jack or cheddar cheese, cut in half
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef pot roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove pot roast from stockpot. Pour off all but 1 teaspoon drippings.
- Add onion to stockpot; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return pot roast to stockpot. Stir in salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 3 hours or until pot roast is fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid; keep warm. Carve pot roast into thin slices; stir into cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Warm rolls, if desired. Layer cheese and beef mixture evenly onto bottoms of rolls. Close sandwiches. Serve with additional cooking liquid.