- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup beef broth, divided
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 6 to 9 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add 3/4 cup broth and wine to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 12 to 16 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch in small bowl. Whisk cornstarch mixture and pepper into wine mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add thyme and mushroom mixture. Season with salt, as desired.