Mediterranean Eggplant, Artichoke And Feta Rice Salad
Click here to return to the Rice, Grains, Beans And Stuffing-Rice page
Recipe used with permission by the USA Rice Federation. For more information about rice, visit www.usarice.com.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain white rice, cooled
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 4-ounce package crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler. Brush eggplant slices with oil. Broil 4 inches from heat source 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly browned; cool.
- Cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces and place in large bowl. Add rice, artichoke hearts, olives and basil.
- Combine reserved liquid from artichoke hearts and feta cheese. Drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.