Palermo Tender Stir-Fry
Click here to return to the Casseroles And Skillets-Poultry page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the National Chicken Council. For more chicken information and recipes visit www.nationalchickenmonth.com.
- 12 Skinless and Boneless Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon oriental chili paste with garlic
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) Italian-style recipe-ready tomatoes
- 2 - 3 cups cooked ziti, well drained
- 2 - 4 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Rinse chicken under cool water and pat dry. In large nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and chili paste.
- Add chicken; cover pan and cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn chicken and cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
- Add artichokes, tomatoes and ziti. Toss well and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and basil before serving.