Beef Tips And Gravy
Click here to return to the Entrées-Beef page
2 hours, 15 minutes
Recipe and photo used with permission by the Texas Beef Council. For more beef information and recipes visit www.txbeef.org.
- 2 lbs. cubed beef for stew, or round, or chuck roast cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 package (.75 oz.) dry brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- In a large nonstick skillet, or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion until soft. Add beef cubes and cook, stirring often, until meat is browned on all sides.
- Add 2 cups water, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to beef. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine gravy mix package with 1 cup water. Mix thoroughly and stir into meat mixture. Simmer, stirring frequently until slightly thickened.