Lemon Garlic Chicken
Click here to return to the Entrées-Poultry page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the National Chicken Council. For more chicken information and recipes visit www.nationalchickenmonth.com.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP margarine or butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
- Melt margarine in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until light brown.
- Add garlic and cook briefly.
- Add water, rice, bouillon cubes and juice from one lemon half. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots and cauliflower; continue cooking 5 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Cut remaining lemon half into slices and use for garnish.