- 2 beef ribeye steaks, cut 3/4 inch to 1 inch thick (about 9 to 12 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cremini or button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 3/4-inch thick steaks 8 to 10 minutes (1-inch thick steaks 12 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Remove steaks; keep warm. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add mushrooms and thyme to same skillet; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove mushrooms; set aside. Add balsamic vinegar to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir 7 to 10 minutes or until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and sauce is reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in butter, mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve sauce with steaks.